You must have seen the video of whitening teeth with charcoal, but have you known this is good for the skin? With some simple items, this charcoal mask can make the face amazing. The skin will be clear, detoxed, and softer with a DIY recipe.
Bentonite clay benefits
This clay comes from aged volcanic sediment with ash and can allure, trap and dispose of toxins. It is great for the face and mixed with water it removes skin impurities. It can be a little dry but there is honey for that matter…
Honey for the softness of skin
If you follow Wellness Mama you know we love honey. For desserts, soothing burns or removal of bacteria…also for facial mask to make skin softer and remove bacteria, acne, blemishes. See more recipes here.
Charcoal for the skin
The key item. This is mostly used for emergencies like toxin absorbing. But this coal reduces the absorbing of toxins by 60%. When applied on the skin, this gets toxins of it.
These are also good for skin care and have many uses. This recipe has tea tree and lavender oil to cleanse skin. Tea tree is used for skin health and the amount here is low, so there is ½ drop of each oil per mask.
Charcoal facial mask
1 tsp bentonite clay
1 tsp charcoal powder
2 tsp water
½ tsp honey
1 drop tea tree oil
1 drop lavender oil
In a bowl, add the oil and water. Sprinkle the clay and after 10 seconds add the rest of items. With rubber spatula mash and mix. The clay will be lumpy so mix nice. This is good for 2 applications.
Once mixed, apply on the face and after 10 min, wash with soap and lukewarm water.
This is used in one application and is not stored well since is all natural with natural items.
Charcoal facial mask tips
- Charcoal can stain light fabrics and even the sink. Keep it away from clothes and clean the sink fast
- The mask is hard to remove so a soap helps well. Also try washcloth to get charcoal residue of skin
- This mask can dry off some skin types with the soap too so in case you need this, put thin oil layer on the skin (almond or pumpkin seed oil) afterwards
The best 14 natural cures for removal of pimples during the night:
- Tea tree oil- this oil removes bacteria and organisms that make pimples. It gets extra sebum too. Also removes dead cells and unclogs pores from redness too. Dilute the oil, add drop of oil per 9 drops water and apply on pimples. Wash the face, dry it, apply the diluted oil with cotton soaked in this and after 20 min rinse. Also mix in some aloe gel, use this on the pimples and after 20 min rinse.
- Baking soda- s this is multi-used item and can be used on sensitive skin too. Mix some water drops with baking soda, make paste and apply on clean face. After it is dry, after 30 min, rinse with warm water and apply cream.
- Cucumber- it has minerals, vitamins like C, A, E and cools the skin. Cut 2 cucumbers and soak them in water for 60 min. strain the water and wash the face. Then grind the cucumber and make the mask. After 20 min, rinse with water and be bacteria-free.
- Orange peel- the Cosmetic Dermatologist Principles Practice said the vitamin C acidity is great for this use. Wash the face, open up pores, and rub the peel. Throw the peel after one use to avoid infections. After the peel, get OJ and soak cotton in it. apply on pimples and after half an hour, use cold water to rinse. If you feel burning, wash immediately.
- Peppermint- this herb soothes and cools the skin to remove redness, bacteria and viruses too. Crush the leaves and apply their juice. After 10 min, wash with cool water and also use mint oil that has unsaturated fats and vitamins, so apply 2 drops of mint oil, rub and rinse.
- Toothpaste- simple! Wash the face, put toothpaste on a pimple and this has to be white paste, not clear gel. After the night, rinse with cold water and if you feel burning, wash it fast
- Lemon juice- this removes inflammation and swelling too. Dip cotton in the juice and apply on skin before sleep. At night just wash it and use cream after that. Add cinnamon also in the juice and apply this as paste before bed. After some hours, rinse it and avoid this in case of sensitive skin to avoid dryness and redness.
- Ice- this is fast relief. Wrap ice in 3d shape in a cloth and keep this over the pimple. Fold the cubes also in aluminum foil and then in Ziploc pack and apply them on the pimples.
- Honey- amazing as antibiotic for bacteria. Also gives hydration and health. dab some honey on the skin and after 60 min, rinse with warm water.
- Aspirin- crush a few pills and add water to make paste. apply this on the pimple and after some minutes rinse. It removes inflammation and swelling too. Leave the paste until the morning too to make pimples shrank.
- Honey and cinnamon- mix cinnamon and honey to make a paste and clean the face. Apply this and wash it in the morning.
- Green tea- this cures acne and pimples and due to the antioxidant epigallocatechin-3-gallate EGCG. It removes inflammation and stops excess sebum and bacteria. Add some green tea leaves or tea bags in boiling water. Let this cool for 15 min, wash the face, dry it and apply the cold green tea. After 15 min, rinse.
- Garlic- it removes bacteria and treats acne. Dilute before use. Get the juice of a few cloves and add water to this. Or mash some cloves an d add water. After 15 min add aloe gel and apply this mix.
- Steam- this opens pores and removes bacteria, excess oils, dirt of pores and inflammation/infections. Fill a container with boiling water, bend over the steam and then rinse the face with water. Apply cream at last.